Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Goals

So I've decided that the thing I need to do, first and foremost, is establish more long-term goals for myself. This will motivate me to actually improve instead of just flouncing around without purpose. For this, I have established three goals for myself. They can be divided into two categories: habits and dresses. The first category, habits, is addressed in the first of my long term goals, listed below. The second category, dresses, involves two dresses I want to make inspired by two of the characters I loved from childhood and have been obsessing over lately. I know this raises my nerd-quotient up pretty high but I don't mind. I figure if I can do this, I can find more general inspiration in other things, like wanting to be a lady-mayoress. Okay, so my goals are:

1: join Wardrobe Re-Fashion for two months starting May 1st (allegedly you can sign up from April 15th but it is right now April 15th and I still can't sign up, so maybe later in the day)

2: make a dress inspired by Carmen Sandiego. I've purchased this pattern from eBay and it has an average difficulty, which makes me nervous but I have tons of time to practice before I go home in June/July and pick it up. I figure I'll do it in red with the waist-tie in yellow; I'm looking for a fairly literal interpretation here.

3: make a dress inspired by She-Ra. I'm still looking for a pattern that I think will fit in that style and, again, I'm looking for a fairly literal interpretation BUT maybe with a bit more length than she-ra would go for. Also, I'm looking to make a red cardigan to mimic her cape. An entire She-Ra outfit!

So those are my long-term goals. What I have to start doing is following patterns better. Or at all. So my next project(s) will be based around that.


No comments:

Post a Comment