Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sencha Part 3

Even though it's record-breakingly hot I decided to work some more on my Sencha blouse today. As you'll recall we last saw it pinned together, so today I decided to loosely stitch it together (tucks and all) to get an idea of how things were working. Since I'd decided this one would solely, forever and ever, be a muslin I made all the marks in permanent marker...


(That's The Graduate playing in the background) and then I got to stitching. I am especially pleased with the tucks:


After I had stitched everything together I took some pictures; I still think it's a bit loose but I feel like it's not supposed to be the tightest thing ever. 




I like it, though! I tried it on with a high-waisted skirt and belt, too, to make sure it would look alright tucked in (I apologize for the blurriness of the first picture):



I'm really quite pleased with it; I think in a more silky fabric it would fall lay better, but I feel like it's quite grown-up and nice. Plus it focuses a lot on the boobs, so I'm happy. Now I just have to unpick all the stitches and figure out what fabric to make a real one out of! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment