Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Passport Cover and The Pencil Dress

It's been an inordinately long amount of time since I last posted; I've been a bit busy. Not so busy as to not be able to sew, but, you know.

A couple of weeks ago I whipped together a couple of things; my goal right now is to play along with Project Runway so I've made two things so far (going to make the third today). I'll just quickly update you on the two I finished before PR started.

First, I made a cover for my passport. I started with this dress I bought a few years ago from M&S which (1) is too short and (2) doesn't provide enough cover over the bust. I love the fabric, though, and thought it would make an adorable passport cover.


I cut it up and used some of the ribbon I had left over from the ribbon rosette to make the flaps and a bow-tie closure; here's the final result!







It's a bit uneven because my cutting skills are still subpar but, whatever. I love it.

I also made an elasticated tube dress from some hilarious coloured pencil fabric I found at Season.


It ended up a bit short and the fabric has no stretch whatsoever, but I like it. It's all wrinkly because I took this picture after wearing it (foolish). I think it's superfun.

No comments:

Post a Comment