Saturday, May 8, 2010

T-Shirt to Shrug conversion AND Satin Ribbon Flower

Today after examining I stopped by Season and bought some white fabric for a skirt refashion I'm a little nervous about and some pretty ribbons, one thin white one and one thick pink one. I used this thin white one for this t-shirt refashion:




I'm going to give it to a friend for her birthday, but if it turns out it's too big I think it's super-cute. It's very breast-centric, which is always a plus. I got the idea here.

The flower was a bit trickier; first of all, I'm super in love with this ribbon. At first I bought a meter of it for this flower and then, as I was walking around Season I thought more about it and fell more in love with it so went back and bought two more meters. All for less then the equivalent of a dollar! Genius!


So first I cut the strips I would need...


...then I pinched them halfway through, put the base on Ethel that doesn't make the fabric advance and stitched six sections for the petals.


Then I folded them and stitched the bottoms to make petal shapes...


... and then attached them to each other.


Then I handstitched a swirly rosebud in the middle to cover that mess of stitching. I hate handstitching but it really was the only way to go for this one. Then I stuck a safety pin through the back and voila I've got a new fake-flower brooch (as though I don't have enough already). It turned out a bit wonky but I love the colour so I don't really care.


I got the idea from here.

Time to get to work on that skirt refashion... not sure if how I've planned it in my head will work out or not. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment